Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Let me explain

Normally I do my posts for the week on weekends and set them up to post throughout the week, usually Monday and Thursday. I wouldn't count on anything but this for this week. Let me explain why:

1. I've started my new job teaching special education. That means stress and exhaustion on a level I've never felt before.Did I mention that I'm a floating teacher, meaning every class I have is in a different room and I have to run everywhere with my cart of stuff? Yeah.
2. I just moved into a new house. And by moved, I mean about half my stuff is here, my bedroom furniture is being delivered Thursday (minus one piece which is back-ordered, which I just found out about today - awesome). Also, my queen bed, the one that I've been waiting and waiting to move into this house so I can use it, has a leak in BOTH sides (it's a sleep number, so it has air chambers. Except now they don't work). So, as of right now, I'm sleeping in a guest room, about 1/4 of my clothes are in my closet, which is another story, I work at the desk in my room, most of my stuff is still in crates waiting for my furniture to arrive, while the rest of my clothes are at the old house or in my old dresser, which is upstairs in a guest room. In short, my stuff is everywhere, and so am I. I don't have a usable room at the new house, I don't have a usable room at the old house, I don't even have a classroom. I'm very displaced.
3. On top of all of the other issues above, my closet (you know, the only usable thing in my room besides my desk) has the carpet pulled up and a fan blowing on it. Turns out the leak that lets water into my closet that's been an issue a few times in the past, still hasn't been fixed despite numerous different attempts to fix it.
4. On top of everything else, I've hardly seen Garrick. He's been working more than ever - like 70 hour weeks. Not only do I not see him, but when I do he's usually grumpy because he's tired of working. Can't blame him for that. But it sucks because I have so much going on and he's my biggest support, and he can't be here for me when I need him more than ever.

There's more, but I'm tired of complaining. I told my mom today that no one is allowed to talk to me unless they have good news. I don't think I've gotten good news in some 3 weeks, but a whole flood of bad news. I'm just over it.

So anyway, my stuff is everywhere so I have no recipes to offer and I have no clue where the sewing machine is, and quite frankly I don't have the time to use it right now. Hopefully next week things will be slower and I can resume regular posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment