Thursday, July 22, 2010

Malibu Chicken Bundles

I know I've been posting a lot of recipes lately. I will get back to crafty sewing things. I currently have 39  nail and screw pouches cut out to make my brother for his birthday, and 3 skirts and 2 pairs of pants and one vest cut out to sew, and 2 more pairs of pants waiting to be cut out and sewn. I am prepared. Now, I just need to find some time...

Also, I think I should tell you that I'll be moving sometime very soon and therefore will not have access to my sewing machine for a bit, so expect a lot of recipes in the coming month :) Oh, and last week is my last week of summer before trainings and teacher report week, and a new round of classes, so my life is about to get a lot more hectic in general, so posting may be a bit more irregular than it is now.

As for today's post: Malibu Chicken Bundles. These little beauties are SO GOOD. I adapted the recipe from on I got in a Taste of Home Healthy Recipes magazine.

Malibu Chicken Bundles:
4 chicken breasts
4 slices swiss cheese
4 thin slices ham (you can see where this is going already, can't you?)
1 small can of crushed pineapple, drained very well
honey mustard
bread crumbs
toothpicks
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 - 1/2 cup low fat sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean and trim your chicken breast. Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap/wax paper/parchment paper/anything similar, pound out the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
2. Spread about a teaspoon of honey mustard on one side of each breast. Top with 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of swiss cheese, and 1/4 of the can of drained crushed pineapple. Roll up the chicken breasts, and put a toothpick in to secure.
3. Rub 1 tsp of honey mustard on the outside of the chicken breasts, and roll them in the breadcrumbs (I use plain, but panko or seasoned would surely be good too). Place the chicken bundles in a square baking dish, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
4. While the chicken bakes, prepare the sauce. Combine the contents of the can of cream of chicken soup and the sour cream and stir until blended. Heat on low until heated through. Note: Sometimes I add a bit of seasoning to the sauce, like a little shake of Mrs. Dash Original, so if you want to do that you can, though it doesn't necessarily need it.
5. Place about 1/4 of the sauce on a plate, then place the chicken bundle on top, and serve with your favorite veggies. Enjoy!

This really is one of my go-to recipes. I love that you can prepare it ahead of time, then just throw it in the oven when you're ready. Great for weeknight dinners. And so good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment