Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ongoing Project

I thought I'd share what I have been working on the last couple of months, and will continue to work on in the months to come.

It's an afghan. The base color is brown, and the trim is a lovely bright blue. It's going to be someone's Christmas present (Yes I realize it's May and thus too early to be thinking about Christmas, but I made the mistake last year of starting one of these too late and was scrambling to get it done in the end. So. Christmas. May.).


For this afghan I'm using, quite obviously, an afghan stitch. There are 5 panels - the middle is 42 stitches across, the 2 panels on either side are 24 stitches across, and each panel is 223 rows long. The trim is done with a single crochet.

I'd show an example of a finished project, but I don't have a picture of the one I did for this past Christmas, so, alas, you'll have to wait until I'm done with this one. Aren't the colors great, though?

I'm thinking about putting up a tutorial on how to make this afghan...good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment