Monday, May 24, 2010

Snicker Salad? Yes Please!

First off, I apologize for such a delayed post. Although I have many many things to share with you about this past week, between work, switching computers, grad school assignments, crafting/sewing, and the series finale of Lost, I simply haven't had the time. But I will update about all those goings on in another post.

Today, it's all about Snicker Salad. And yes, that's Snickers as in those delicious chocolate nougat caramel peanut candy bars. Yum. It's my contribution to Jack Night tonight (series finale of 24! It's a big week for network TV.).

Snicker Salad

1-2 medium apples, cut into cubes (soak momentarily in lemon juice and water so they keep their color)
2 regular Snickers bars, cut into pieces
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 regular container whipped cream

Mix ingredients.

How easy is that?! Of course the amounts can be increased/diminished based on your preferences. It can be eaten either as a side or a dessert. But I must say, there are few things that delight me more than eating a dessert-like food as a side. This is a summer staple at my grandma's, and she knows that heads will roll if there is no Snicker Salad at a family get together. It just makes me smile.

I suppose if you want to get all fancy you could make your own  sweetened whipped cream, but I'll take the easy route.

Be off and enjoy the easiest and tastiest summer salad ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment