Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birthday Birthday



My mom's birthday was this past Friday. You may remember me mentioning something about making her an applique necklace for Mother's Day but my appliques didn't arrive from Hong Kong until about a week and a half ago. Long story short, it became a birthday present instead.

I gave it to her at lunch. I took her to a little cafe called La Gallette which has the BEST cream of tomato soup and the pastries are heaven. Anyway, I think she likes it. I made one for myself that's off-centered and has a little bird to balance it out. I love how light it is.



Posting may be rather inconsistent these next few weeks. I'm working on my super-secret-anniversary-gift-that-my-boyfriend-already-knows-about-and-has-seen-but-that's-not-the-point, and I'm ready to do my corcheting tutorial, if only my photographer helper would, you know, take the pictures (I don't know if you've ever tried to crochet and take pictures of yourself crocheting, but it's not that easy). And actually, we might be doing a video instead of picture tutorial. Who knows. Anyway, I'm thinking it might be a 3 part tutorial. So you have that to look forward to.

When I get around to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment