Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dark Chocolate Brownies

I know you're already starting to drool at the title.

And for those of you who say "I don't like dark chocolate" trust me, these will make you a believer. I personally love dark chocolate. And when I say dark chocolate I mean like the Hershey's version that's just slightly darker than milk chocolate. I tried some 84% cocoa chocolate the other day, and that was just too bitter for me.

Back to the task at hand. This is our contribution to dinner with Megan and Caleb. Speaking of which, we've been sucking lately. We've had to bail on them twice because of scheduling conflict. Now our Thursday dinners have become Wednesday dinners but it looks like Garrick might have to start working on Wednesdays (KWCH: you ruin my life). So maybe it will have to become Saturday lunch or something.

ANYWAY. Let's just get to the recipe.



Dark Chocolate Brownies
1 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
7 oz 70% cocoa chocolate
3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs

1. Melt butter and chocolate and mix until smooth (Ideally do this in a bowl over simmering water; I'm impatient and do it in the microwave but just know you have a greater risk of burning the chocolate or making it separate)
2. Combine dry ingredients. Add to butter/chocolate mixture
3. Beat the eggs and mix with the rest of the batter. Rather than stirring it until it becomes smooth like usual, just let it rest for 5-10 minutes - that will allow things to break down. Give it a final stir to make sure everything is smooth.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. The brownies should be set at the edges but still gooey in the middle.



Please note: these are NOT like box brownie mix. They will be less "done" than those brownies usually are. That's a good thing - it makes them so much more fudgey and delicious.

Having just finished making them, I can just say that I always forget just how amazing these are. Seriously, I almost couldn't make myself stop testing the batter for quality control.

...

Anyway. I really do recommend that you try this recipe. I like "box brownies" as much as the next person, but nothing can beat these, except maybe continuing to wear your skinny jeans because they won't fit after this.

P.S. I'd like to know: if you've tried any of the recipes I've posted, leave a comment and let me know how you liked it. Also, I'd like to know what readers want: more recipes? More posts? More sewing? More crafts? More tutorials? More personal thoughts? I get a lot more hits than I do comments so I'm interested to know what readers think and want from this little site.

No comments:

Post a Comment